If you are a lover of Spanish gastronomy, you have heard about Jamón Iberico for sure.
This delicious piece of meat is one of the most highly prized around the world, thanks to its unique qualities and the sustainable
unique qualities and the sustainable production that takes place in Spain. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Iberian ham, from its production to its nutritional
production to its nutritional properties.
We are passionate about Iberian ham and we want to share with you all our experience and knowledge about this product.
all our experience and knowledge about this very special product. Are you ready to discover everything about to find out all about Iberian ham? Read on!
What is Iberian ham?
Iberian ham is a piece of meat obtained from the hind leg of the Iberian pig. It is a breed native to the Iberian Peninsula, which is reared in the wild and feeds mainly on acorns and grasses. This diet, together with the exercise, makes the meat very tasty and has exceptional nutritional qualities.
Kinds of Iberian Ham
There are different types of Iberian ham, which are classified according to the type of feed used and the percentage of Iberian breed of pig:
- "Jamón ibérico de bellota 100%" : pigs from 100% Iberian mother and father and have been in the montanera, the name given to the last phase of pig fattening with acorn, which takes place during winter in the dehesas
- "Jamón ibérico bait de campo" : is one that has lived a part of its life in freedom, grazing in the pasture or in the countryside, feeding on wild pasture or in the countryside, feeding on wild fruits and some acorns, although its main diet has been based on fodder and cereals.
- "Jamón de Cebo" : Hams are obtained from pigs fed on feed and cereals throughout their lives, and are reared entirely on the farm.
At Goure focus especially on acorn-fed Iberian ham, as we consider it to be the one that has unique qualities and best represents the essence of Spanish gastronomy.
Sustainable production and animal welfare
In Spain, the production of Iberian ham is carried out following strict quality and animal welfare controls. The pigs are reared in the wild and are fed naturally, without the use of
artificial feed or hormones.
In addition, animal welfare is taken care of in detail, avoiding any practice that could be stressful for the animals.
At Goure are committed to sustainable production and care for animal welfare in the production of our products.
Nutritional properties of Iberian ham
Iberian ham is rich in proteins, monounsaturated fatty acids and natural antioxidants. Thanks to its diet and exercise in the wild, the meat of the Iberian pork has a unique composition and health benefits. In addition, Iberian acorn-fed ham is particularly rich in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid that helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
monounsaturated fatty acid that helps reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol (known as bad cholesterol) in the blood. It also contains iron, zinc, magnesium and vitamins B1 and B2.
For these reasons, acorn-fed Iberian ham is a highly recommended food in a balanced and healthy diet.
How to enjoy Iberian ham
To fully enjoy the flavour and qualities of Iberian ham, it is important to follow the following recommendations
- Keep the ham in a cool, dry place, preferably in a ham holder.
- Cut the ham into thin slices, allowing the fat to melt slightly in the mouth to better appreciate the flavour.
- to better appreciate the flavour.
- Serve the ham with a good red wine or a cold beer.
- Enjoy the ham in good company and in a relaxed atmosphere.
At Goure.eu, you can find a wide selection of Iberian acorn-fed hams, as well as other high quality Spanish gastronomic products. Do not hesitate to visit their website and discover everything they have to offer.
As you can see, Iberian ham is a unique and special product of Spanish gastronomy. Its sustainable production, care for animal welfare and its nutritional qualities make it an exceptional foodstuff that is nutritional qualities make it an exceptional food that is worth trying and enjoying.
At Goure.eu are committed to sustainable production and the high quality products. If you want to enjoy the best Iberian acorn-fed Iberian ham and other high quality
Spanish products, do not hesitate to visit their website and discover all that they can offer you.